twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Im going to a waterpark tomorrow and i got my period.?

Im 13 years old, and I have only had 2 other periods before this one (that i have right now)

Tomorrow I am going to a water park and I really wanna go, but I have my peroid.

I have never tried a tampon before, and idk if i wanna use one.
There is a chance of thunderstorms where i am, so maybe i will get lucky and not even be able to go in the water (i'll just go on the rides)

I am going to tell my mom that I got my period today, and she'll probly suggest a tampon, but i really am nervous about my first time using a tampon to be in the water!

any sugestions?
Answer:
doesn't hurt at all. don't worry, you cant even feel it.
if its really heavy,so much that it could stain your suit, than you need to wear a tampon
dont worry you will be fine - but tell your mum

you will be ok in the water - they stay in place

change often and dont worry

have a good time
U cant wear a pad at the park, u have to try a tampon, try tampax slender regular there a little smaller then normal.
Tampons are really great to use if you want to be in the water. I actually that is all I use during my period now..you can't feel it ...no one can see it plus a whole lot easier to carry around than a pad.
I've got the perfect suggestion 4 u. Use the brand tampax compax they are smaller than normal tampons and have a plastic app fir easy insertion. Get the multi pack and use the junior one (purple wrapper). I still use these and I've had a child and well into my twenties (i'm small) also relax and try before tomorrow, I reccommend trying asap
Just relax about using a tampon. They might be scary at first, but they're really no big deal. And I think I lot more comfortable and cleaner than pads.

There's instructions in the box, and they have pictures if you're not quite sure. Sometimes since you're new to it, you might have to try a couple of times so bring extras. Wiggling them or moving it in a stirring motion helps me slip it in if I'm having trouble.

Talk to your mom though, she can really help you and walk you though it. I know my mom did.
Don't be scared to use tampons. I've been using them since I first got my period. It may take a couple of tries to get it in right the first time. If It hurts, then you put it in wrong. follow the directions in the tampon box if you need help. For your fist time I would suggest eiter tampax juniors or playtex slimfits. I prefer playtex.

I hope everything goes well for you!
Good luck!
Have fun if you got to the water park!

Oh yeah, and make sure you have tampons with you when you go to the park, so you can change them if they get full.
dont worry hun. Put a tampon in they dont hurt and stay in one spot. Bring extras in a purse put it in a locker so guys cant snoop in it then youll be imbaressed. goo luck girl.
Ive been in the same situation when I first used one and it was on the fourth of july last year at my friends pool party. Tampons do not hurt at all and they are almost like they arnt even there. Just relax and everything will be fine. Being in the water with a tampon will not effect you at all nothing will happen. People will not be able to tell you are on your peroid unless you tell them. Yes its good to tell your mom so you can be prepared. Dont let this tampon problem ruin your fun, it will be fine.
goodluck and hope you have fun :]
DONT worry! im 13 and freak out about it too i just relax that will make it so much easier!! i think you can do it well i know you can you just need confendence in your self about it!! So dont worry!
just ride on the rides instead you can still have fun plus there are some rides w/ water that u can get wet on but don't have to worry about wearing a tampon
A tampon is really your best choice. There is nothing to be afraid of when using one. Put in correctly, you won't even know it is there. Do not put your life on hold, or miss out on any event simply because you have your period Perhaps you could practice inserting one tonight. Please know, there is nothing difficult about it and there is nothing to be afraid of. I know all of this seems a bit overwhelming for you at the moment, but read the literature that comes in the tampon box. You will wonder what you were so afraid of. Good luck, and seriously, enjoy your time at the waterpark. You deserve it.
tampons are great in the summer, especially when swimming...depending upon how heavily you are bleeding, change the tampon every 3-4 hours. maybe take thin pantyliners to wear with the tampon when you are not in the water in case your tampons leaks, like if you are standing in line and can't get to bathroom in time...be careful with the tampon string when wearing your swimsuit, you don't want it hanging out, you can lay it down between your skin folds, and maybe confide in another girlfriend to watch for any leaking or strings for you...
I was worried when I was a kid about using a tampon too. Heck, I was terrified. It turned out though to not be that bad at all, but when I was 13 and 14 I had to lay down to get it in properly. Use Tampax pearl is my suggestion. They rock. I wouldn't worry about your first time using a tampon being in the water or not, it is exactly the same either way.
Hi! My name is Christina and I know exactly what your going through. Awhile back I had a exciting school trip form 8:00am - 5:30pm %26 it involved swimming. All my friends were having a great time in the pool and I definitley did not want to miss out on the memories. It took me some time but, in the end, i made a decision to skip the pool activity. Why? Because, I wasn't comfortable with a tampon yet %26 when I was ready, I decided to use one. If you do everything because your friends are doing it or because your afraid of what people will think, then you'll end up miserable. Don't let anyone make you do what you aren't okay with. As for my trip, there was numerous activities and rides I joined in on %26 I honestly did not even remeber about the pool or my period. Take my advice. Have a great time without the tampon. If you are sure your ready for that new chapter, go ahead. But if not, have fun anyway = )

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry I went through day same situation I'm 13 and all u gotta do is wear a pad with ur suit but let it be dark and day pad it has to be thin and just wear swimming shorts and ur fine !!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am at a motel with a huge pool & slide but i dont use tampons & we dont have any anyway so yeah and im being miserable because i wanna go down the slide i dont want blood to get on the slide cause its sorta heavy.... HELP?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am at a motel with a huge pool & slide but i dont use tampons & we dont have any anyway so yeah and im being miserable because i wanna go down the slide i dont want blood to get on the slide cause its sorta heavy.... HELP?

    ReplyDelete

 
vc .net