twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

Im 14 and this is rly gross. I can't stop sweating hot days, or just playing ball , or you know.?

whenever i am out w/ my friends, i cant stop sweating, either bc i play sports outside which is hot, its hot , etc. i put deodorant on and that still doesn't work ( I still smell) . I shave , i still sweat! how do I stop sweating (sweating= SMELL) and how do I not let me sweat show on the t-shirts that I wear?
Does deodorant even help me? what do I use? what do I do?WHAT SHOULD I DO?!
Answer:
A deoderant merely controls smell, it doesn't do a thing to prevent sweating. An antiperspirant will do that, although it will not stop it all. Sweat is the body's way of cooling itself, and necessary to your well being. You are a teenaged male, and sweating excessively is just a problem at this point in life. All teen males complain about it, although it is seldom a real big problem. Take a nice shower at least once a day using a deoderant soap. Use a medicated body powder, or a body powder containing baking soda afterwards, along with an application of a good antiperspirant. After you've played sports, it's probably not a bad idea to run that bod through a shower again, just to limit the problem. Bacteria on the skin are what give sweat the odor- although you also produce your own personal musky odor, result of your hormones at this point in life. If you plan to be out playing or getting really active, it's worth it to take along a fresh shirt to change into afterwards because there simply isn't anyway to not sweat a t-shirt unnoticeably. And it won't smell any rosier once it dries either. If one brand of antiperspirant doesn't seem to do the job, try a different one. They make heavy duty types just for sports and other extreme activities. A stick works better than a spray on, and if you rub it into the skin as opposed to leaving it stuck on the hair, it will work even better. Otherwise, relax. This too will pass in time, just like the squeeky voice does. It's part and parcel of puberty, and will calm down as the growing up finishes.
Fresh sweat doesn't have a noticeable odor; it's only when it dries that it smells. Use a good deodorant, shower after exercise, change your clothes often and try not to obsess about it.
In addition to the suggestions made above, i read that the odor of sweat also depends on what you eat. So if you are seriously bothered by it, consider changing your diet. The easiest start to that I think would be drinking lots of water, It purifies the body and the waste that causes the bad odor will be mostly carried off by urinating.
One of my friends has a really bad sweating problem. She uses certain dri, so try that out.
Hyperhidrosis can be caused by food allergies, or a mineral/vitamin deficiency. I had it for a long time before learning this.

Check out this article about hyperhidrosis, grains, and sugars. Scroll about halfway down the page.
http://www.mercola.com/2004/aug/14/exces...

I had hyperhidrosis and other symptoms for many years and went through all the usual treatments including prescription drugs, antiperspirants, botox, ETS surgery. The surgery was most helpful but several years later hyperhidrosis began to return.

Years later I was diagnosed with a few food allergies. I eliminated wheat, dairy, and sugar from my diet. I stopped all prescriptions and began taking supplements for B vitamins and magnesium.

You can see the rest of the story here:
http://www.esfbchannel.com/phpbb2/viewto...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net