twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

I'm a little nervous...?

To use tampons. I've been having my period since November. It's getting to be swimming season and I'm feeling less and less comfortamble with using pads. I know how to put one in but iy kinda scares me. Every time I try to put one in I freak and always mess something up. I'm going to a party later and I'm having my period and I know I'd be more comfortable with a tampon. If you have any suggestions about how I can be more comfortable with tampons please let me know.

Thanks!
Answer:
I had my daughter get 4 or 5 different kinds of tampons, all of them the slim or teen size. I told her to just go and try them until she got them right. I did not care if she messed up all of them learning. SHe finally got it right, and has a preference as to what she ikes to use. I just told her to do it when she felt comfortable. She did it when I went to work so that she was all alone in the house and did not have me bugging her. She was about 11 or 12. I told her that she really could not dammage her self, and to take her time and just figure it out. She did. She is 18 now and still quite fine. You will be ok. Just takes practice. LORI
i know it sounds crazy but relax. Sing a fav song or anything to take your mind off of what your doing. Try sitting on toilet while applying your tampon. If your upset then your vaginal muscles will tense and make it difficult for you to apply the tampon.
This is totally common. Don't worry about it; you'll get used to tampons when you're ready. You shouldn't try to rush it, but I do understand your qualms about the swimming season.

Just try to relax when you insert the tampon. Remember, many women wear them - there's little risk. Just make sure you take it out no later than 8 hours after insertion. Also, it's best to alternate tampons with pads in order to avoid toxic shock syndrome (TSS).

You can either sit on the toilet, squat, or just lift a leg and rest it somewhere. Ease in the tampon. Aim toward your lower back at a slight upward angle. If you're having to push very hard, you're probably not aiming right.

Again, don't be worried. I didn't use tampons for about 5 years, and it kinda sucked, but it wasn't the end of the world.
You don't have anything to worry about. I prefer pads, but when I go to my Tae Kwon Do class I wear both a pad and a tampon in case the tampon leaks. Tampons don't hurt at all, the only thing is that if you put them in at an angle or something they might feel a little weird, but once you get used to them or maybe even fifteen minutes after you put one in you won't even feel it.

Just try not to fall asleep with them in. ;) If you do (I've done it before), just take it out. No harm done, even though you should only wear them for about 6-8 hours.
You can get toxic shock syndrome from them, but only if you wear the tampon for about 3 days or something, NOT from just falling asleep or anything.

Okay, I might have scared you there, but it's really nothing to worry about. I've been using tampons since I had my period at thirteen. Just relax and don't worry about them. You'll be fine. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net