twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

I'm 16 and I'm only 4'8".?

For my freshman physical, I got measured, and the doctor said I hadn't grown since fifth grade. I had to get a blood test done and whatnot, and it came back that I have Turner's Syndrome. I don't have the full thing, but part of it I guess. What Turner's Syndrome is (the full thing), is since girls' have two X chromosomes, Turner's Syndrome victims have one X and then a half of an X, which means 80% can't have children and don't grow past 4'8", and often die before they are able to have kids. The only part that applies to me is that I am only 4'8". My doctor said no growth hormones/steroids could help me grow. My dad keeps bugging me to take Amino Acids, and he keeps telling me it's going to make me grow, but I don't think it will, not by any stretch of the imagination. So, does anybody think he's right, or can anyone suggest anything, anything at all that might help me?
Answer:
I am short too (4'11'')and I am 35. My daughter who is 16 is shorter than me and more petite framed.
Not much we can do to be taller but to wear heels though my daughter wears flat Converse. We are short with not much room to put on extra weight so be sure to exercise and eat healthy. Be sure to maintain a decent and healthy weight or you will look just short and fat. So work with what you got!! Trust me, there are many guys out there who love petite girls!!
4'8" isn't that short, really. It's cute-short as opposed to horribly-wrong-short.
4'8 is not all that short I am only 5'1 and work eith all tall males so I know how you feel. But all I can suggest is to take vitamines and stand up striaght good posture will make you seem taller.

But hey remeber this it won't be hard to find a taller guy. :D At least thats what I tell myself. lol
Oh Yes! I'm 22 years old and only 5'1! At least someone's shorter than me!
Good things really do come in small packages!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net